Stuck Up Much?

Have you ever seen someone you know and smiled at them, or waited for them to acknowledge you…and they don’t? You feel like a crazy person or wonder why they would be so rude to you? How DARE they not say hello! Did I do something to upset them?

This happens to me ALL the time, but I am the one that isn’t saying hello, or ignoring you, or not saying anything…I can’t say I don’t smile as generally 80% of the time I am smiling. My problem is the other 20% of the time I have resting…lets call it “wench” face.

You know, that face that Scarlett O’Hara had in Gone With The Wind?

Resting Face

The look that is 1/2 smirk and 1/2 reallllly?  I don’t mean to, I really don’t. Most of the time, 50,000 things are going through my brain at one time and I am not even recognizing that I am looking at someone. I am usually looking through them.

BAD ON ME.

The other part of the time is I truly have no memory. I’m like an amplified Dory from Nemo. I can meet someone and within seconds totally forget everything that was just said. Luckily, my son found that I have “fibro fog“. Being diagnosed with Fibromyalsia, I am learning more and more what that means. He was excited because when I have asked him the same question 5 times within 5 minutes and have no recollection that he responded, it can get frustrating.

Well, I’m sure it gets frustrating for those I have met as well! I can meet someone, have a great conversation with them, here their story and truly be touched…and then days later not recognize their face.

If I have done this to you, I apologize. Because I don’t remember to put the face with the story, doesn’t mean our time together wasn’t impact-ful because it was. I just truly can’t put a name to a face or to there where and when we had the discussion.

If someone has done this to you, show a bit of grace and forgive them. Start conversations with them that remind them when and where you talked last. Hopefully this will jog their memory. If not, you can be old friends AND new friends at the same time! (Get it? 🙂 )

What I learned today…God will bring to mind things I NEED to remember. The rest of the time I have to pray for others to be merciful with me and for God to help me remember as much as I can to honor those around me. Also, I need to stop and really look around me more. I need to SEE the people God is putting in my way, not just look through them.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s